The Boneyard, Garland, TX

I've always been amazed by the skills skaters have and I actually tried to do inline skating when I was a kid and when I fell and about broke my whole ass, I gave it up pretty quickly. When I saw a new skatepark opened in Garland last weekend, I was excited to see what I could do to capture it on film. 

In the week leading up to the shooting weekend, it looked like the weather was going to be rainy and cool on Saturday but for some reason I got into my head to go try to shoot on Saturday anyway. To nobody's surprise, the turnout was pretty terrible. There were a few kids on scooters but nothing worth photographing. I was pretty let down and really considered not going back, but luckily folks convinced me to go back on Sunday when it was supposed to be low 70s and sunny.  

It. Was. Great. 

Everything here is captured on hp5+ with my Minolta x700 and 28mm lens. 

Big thanks to all the skaters who showed up and showed off for the camera!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lakeside

Christmas 2022