Klyde Warren Park 10th Birthday, Part 2

The second half of the trip, I shot Kodak Vision 3 200T. This is bulk loaded 35mm motion picture film, yes the same stuff they make movies out of! 

Motion picture film is incredibly cheap compared to consumer 35mm film in 2022 but is processed quite differently from normal C41 film. The film contains an anti-static, anti-halation layer called remjet which is very messy to remove which makes it only suitable for at home development. I develop my film with Cinestill's Cs41 kit and I mixed up the chemical pre-bath prescribed by Kodak for removing the remjet. While the pre-bath works extraordinarily well compared to the more simple options (of which there are a few), it still isn't perfect as the actual motion picture processing uses rollers and water jets to remove it. So I am still learning how to process this film and get clean results. 

As with the other shots from this day, these were taken on my Bessa R with the 35mm Color Skopar. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lakeside

Christmas 2022

The Boneyard, Garland, TX